- 2015 NFL Mock Draft
- 2015 Senior Bowl Recap
- Updated list of underclassmen who have declared for the 2015 NFL Draft
- FirstRoundGrade.com Podcast: 2015 NFL Draft, Episode 1
- 2015 NFL Mock Draft: Top 15
- Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong to enter NFL Draft
- 2015 NFL Mock Draft, Picks 1-10
- 2015 NFL Draft: Current selection order (top 10)
- Melvin Gordon (RB, Wisconsin) to enter 2015 NFL Draft
- Scouting the DE’s: Shane Ray, Missouri
Scouting the OTs: Charles Leno (Boise State) & Justin Britt (Missouri)
- Updated: January 10, 2014
Weaknesses: Strength, Size, Speed
Charles Leno stands at an estimated 6’4″, 295lbs…He’s not the thickest prospect for the position and will need to add weight to hold up versus bigger, stronger NFL defensive linemen…Possesses good length; has long arms that make up for some of his lacking athletic ability…More of a step and seal player than a mauler; displays a good understanding of angles and body positioning to win vs. the defender…Possesses enough athletic ability to get out in space and reach the second level…A scrappy player; doesn’t back down, continually working.
Leno will need to get stronger in order to compete at a high level in the NFL…Fails to sustain blocks; is easily shed by the defender…struggles versus speed to the edge; his kick-slide is slow and his ability to play on the left side in the NFL is in doubt…Lacks good control/coordination in space; fails to complete assignment on second level…Becomes a grabber when he’s in trouble…Likely to be kicked inside to OG on the next level.
Leno is an experienced and decorated tackle prospect who has started 38 games for Boise State, the last 25 at left tackle. And while his experience is a plus, he simply lacks the natural strength and initial quickness to be an effective starting tackle in the NFL. His best chance will be at guard, where he can use his scrappy style to compete in a phone booth. Leno is a late-day 3 prospect, likely to go somewhere in the late-6th to 7th rounds.
GRADE: 5.1 (7th round)
(next slide: Justin Britt, OT, Misouri)