Last Name: WATSON First Name: MENELIK Position: OT
Ht: 6’6 Wt: 320
- Carries his weight well. At 320lbs, player has a well-built frame. Clearly works in the weight room.
- Shows the necessary athleticism to get to the 2nd level in the run game. One of the fastest (linear speed) linemen in the 2013 Draft (on film).
- Adequate to plus strength for the position. Can lock onto defender and drive the bus (when applying proper technique). Virtually stonewalls bull rush in pass protection.
- Plus footwork in pass protection. Showcases ability to shuffle and slide as well as mirror edge rushers.
- Plus athletic ability to reach and seal on the edge and to seal LBs on second level. Very coordinated and balanced.
- Displays ability to sit in stance and anchor well vs. bull rush. Needs to become more consistent at LOS, both in stance and get-off at snap of ball.
- Scheme diverse. Projects as an equally effective ZBS prospect. Continue reading
Last Name: LONG First Name: KYLE Position: OG
Ht: 6’6 Wt: 304
- Good pedigree. Father (Howie) and Brother (Chris) both play(ed) in NFL at very high level.
- Intriguing physical makeup. Has potential to add bulk to his frame. Looks like he could add another 15 lbs without hindering skillset.
- Room for growth (technique-wise). Only two years experience playing offensive line (one year on major college level). Enticing for NFL coaching staff.
- Runs well for a man his size. Has enough linear speed to get to second level.
- Adequate footwork in pass protection when asked to shuffle and slide (from OT position).
- Adequate in the run game when asked to reach and seal. Continue reading
Last Name: Thomas First Name: Dallas Position: OT
Ht: 6’5 Wt: 310
- Ideal frame for the position. Plus length. Well-built 310 lb lineman.
- Lots of experience vs. high level of competition. 37 consecutive starts in SEC. 25 at left tackle, 12 at left guard.
- Plays with good pad level and knee bend. Showcases plus flexibility.
- Adequate strength for the position.
- Adequate athletic ability for the position. Displays competent footwork. Coordinated when sliding and shuffling his feet. Diplays the ability to mirror defender in pass protection.
- Anchors well vs. bull rush. Displays adequate strength to hold up vs. NFL defensive linemen. Showcases proper hand placement in pass protection, allowing him to control the defender.
- At his best when in-line blocking. Continue reading